Discover how the world looked like on a specific date in the past (1900 - 2010).
- What News was making the headlines?
- What were the top Hits and the most popular Movies?
- What were the fashion styles and
-What advertisements would you have seen?
All users have to do is type in a date and click on 'Go' and it will generate their results.
This is potentially a great tool to...
- generate materials for language work in the classroom
- use with History, media, fashion, design, music and many other learners.
See if learners can...
- guess the year / date
- research a date and make past tense sentences about the content.
- find out what was happening on the day they were born.
- compare results from different decades.
I found Take Me Back To be a really interesting site.