Performance assessments are real-world scenarios that reflect the ambiguity of real-world challenges. They require higher-order thinking and problem solving. They are concluded with authentic performance.
- Real-world scenario: students assume roles in real-world scenarios.
- Authentic, complex process: scenarios reflect complex and ambiguity of real-world challenges.
- Higher-order thinking: requires critical thinking, analytic reasoning, and problem solving.
- Authentic performance: the ‘product’ reflects what a professional would produce.
- Transparent evaluation criteria: the learning outcomes drive the creation of the task.
Via Gust MEES, Mohammed Hassim