You are the content you publish.
Sign up with Facebook
Sign up with Twitter
I don't have a Facebook or a Twitter account
Start a free trial of Scoop.it Business
Today's feature is all about using various web tools and resources to have the tough talk - to find better ways for teaching about controversy.
Students often like to study controversial topics. The level of discourse may rise when these types of conversations take place. To be successful with these types of topics it is necessary to have "a classroom community, must set up an atmosphere of respect, tolerance, and understanding."
This post provides ten resources that provide resources for 10 controversial subjects. The list is below and more information is available by clicking through to the post.
* Reclaim the Swatika Day - Did you know that the Swatika is an ancient symbol for peace?
* Morris Dees and the Southern Poverty Law Center
* The Ethics of Force Feeding Inmates
* El Salvador Refused to Allow Abortion that would save a Mother's Life
* Teen Pregnancy - How Does Having a Child Change your Life?
* Really Awful Court Cases
* LGBT Teens and Homelessness
* Life on Death Row
* Dating and Domestic Violence
* Driving Men Crazy in Saudi Arabia: Women's Rights