What are ERIC Digests?
ERIC Digests are:
- short reports (1,000 - 1,500 words) on topics of prime current interest in education. There are a large variety of topics covered including teaching, learning, libraries, charter schools, special education, higher education, home schooling, and many more.
- targeted specifically for teachers, administrators, policymakers, and other practitioners, but generally useful to the broad educational community.
- designed to provide an overview of information on a given topic, plus references to items providing more detailed information.
- produced by the former 16 subject-specialized ERIC Clearinghouses, and reviewed by experts and content specialists in the field.
- funded by the Office of Educational Research and Improvement (OERI), of the U.S. Department of Education (ED).
- The full-text ERIC Digest database contains over 3000 Digests with the latest updates being added to this site in July 2005.