Management consultant and UCLA professor Samuel Culbert offers a solid alternatives to problematic performance review practices in his 2008 book “Get Rid of the Performance Review:”
- In chapters 7 and 8, I offer the alternative—the performance preview. It’s as simple and elegant as it is successful. It does all the things performance reviews are supposed to do but don’t.
- In the end you will see what many of you already know in your heart: that mainstream management is embedded in, and relies on, a culture of domination—and that the performance review is the biggest hammer management has.
- You will see how the review destroys our spirit, as well as our corporate performance. You will see how the same people who created this sorry mess have the power to undo it. And you will see that there is a way to fix it, if only we have the courage.
As always in our ScoopIt news, click on the photo, video or title to see the full Scooped post.
Related posts by Deb:
- Stay in touch with Best of the Best news, taken from Deb's 9 multi-gold award winning curation streams from @Deb Nystrom, REVELN delivered once a month via email, available for free here, via REVELN Tools.
- Are you local to SE Michigan? Find out more about horse-guided leadership development sessions (no fee demos) for individuals by contacting Deb, after reviewing her coaching page here.