Tired of the traditional annual performance review? Try this fresh approach focusing on delivering goals and great conversations."
Excerpted key conversation points:
- The 3-5 Core Deliverables of the Role—...the bigger impact areas that the role makes on the department or business. For smaller companies...revenues, costs, customer satisfaction, or operational performance.
- The 3-5 Biggest Achievements—what ...made a difference, measurable.
- The 3-5 Personal Characteristics You Most Appreciate— elements of how someone performs that makes their work better...sense of humor, efficiency, cost-consciousness, loyalty, and directness are all examples of characteristics I have used in assessing this category.
- The 3-5 Goals for the the Company or Department—...a chance to discuss contributions that the person can make....support [or] direct role...connect the dots.
- The 3-5 Biggest Challenges Anticipated for the Next Period—Great brainstorming discussions....a great strategy and planning opportunity.
...You can conduct this conversation after an assignment, prior to a promotion or change in role, or even quarterly. However you decide to use it, I suggest you write it out first, then discuss it with your team members.