With the latest round of API restrictions from Twitter, have you lost your favorite tool? Are you wondering what is still available?
I’ve created a list of the various tools to help you manage your Twitter accounts. These tools help you find manage tweets and followers. There are other features, depending on the tool you ultimately choose to use.
A word of caution, be very careful with how you use these tools! Aggressive use of any of the features will get you banned from Twitter and cause the tool to be under scrutiny of Twitter.
Moderation is the point to keep in mind when using tools who have been granted an API with any social media venue.
Here are a few guidelines that might help you stay out of hot water with Twitter.
- Do not set it and forget it.
- Be active on Twitter with live posts, responses, retweets and favorites.
- Auto-posts: Maximum of 9 per day and spaced out in a 24 hour period of time.
- Follow or unfollow features: Do not bulk unfollow and follow at any given time.
- Avoid posting duplicate content over duplicate accounts.
- Do not promote third party sites that promise to add “more followers fast” directly on Twitter.
- It is unwise to automate “Favorite” or “Re-tweet” neither randomly nor aggressively. If you choose to do this, be very cautious.
Here is the link to Twitter’s full set of rules in their help center:
The more you know about rules of the venues you use, the easier it is to bend them to your favor. The rules change constantly as new ways to get around them are discovered so be proactive in all social media venues with changes of rules.