The biggest challenge with making supply chain and logistics predictions is keeping the list short because there is so much going on in this field. Nonetheless, here’s my abridged list:
1. Big Data, Social Media, Cloud Computing, and Mobile Technologies will continue to dominate the headlines.
2. User Interfaces for Supply Chain Apps Will Get a Social Makeover.
3. “Siri” Comes to Enterprise Apps.
4. The Robots Keep Coming.
5. Continued Focus by Retailers and Service Providers on Innovating the Final Mile.
6. Further Blurring of the Lines Between 3PLs, Tech Providers, and Consultants.
7. Increased Adoption of Alternative Fuel Vehicles.
8. More Programs and Partnerships to Address the Talent Shortage Problem.