This is the most shared, visited and viewed post on Design Revolution. December is always HOT for trend predictions. Interesting to look over December's predictions to see if they are coming true:
1 & . Diverse Women & Hands Dirty Dads
Gladly we are seeing both of these trends. Loved Dove's What Dad's Really Do campaign
Yes beards on on the rise thanks to sports stars and Hollywood.
4. Lens Flare
We are seeing LESS stock art (thankfully) and more "real" photos and videos. Marketers are starting to realize sharing warts and all helps create authenticity and a sense of immediacy.
5. Human as Robot
Not sure this trend is happening any more or less than it already was.
6. Cameras we wear
I think Google Glass is sucking up much of this "wearable" trend at the moment, but GoPro hasn't done badly (lol).
7. Multi-racial Models (was STRONG going into the year, stronger now).
8. World Cup
Was huge and America STILL doesn't get soccer :).
9. Witches and bye bye vampires (end of True Blood signals this trend is right on and about time).
10. Handcrafted Vectors
This is another "break down the perfection" trend and seeing it too (like the lens flare or nonperfect but more real photo).
11. Instagrammy FOODies - this is BLOWING UP almost as fast as "selfies".
12. Experiences over Things = Team Curagami (http://www.curagami.com ) is placing a HUGE bet on this one as we see the future of ecommerce being about the quality of interactions instead of their quantity.
13. Creative Collaboration - another one team Curagmai is betting on HUGE and we are seeing demand grow. Think about your life. I like to say I don't "passively consume anything" anymore. If I can't bend, shape and spin the content I go somewhere else. If the content isn't fascinating, cool and fun I go somewhere else. Curagami makes this "ambassador" interaction easy so your customers can advocate and share your brand.
TRIBES are the key going forward.
I would say IStock got way more RIGHT than wrong with their December design predictions. What do you think?
Via Martin (Marty) Smith, michel verstrepen