IgnitionDeck is the world's most popular WordPress crowdfunding plugin. Includes free WordPress Crowdfunding Theme. Integrates with Paypal, Stripe, Mailchimp.
At our starutp @Curagami we've been fascinated with the idea of "enterprise crowdfunding". This idea fascinates us because:
* Crowdfunding content is highly social.
* Social Shares - Content is supported by entrepreneurs social net.
* Crazy Guy / Girl In Basement - content is buzz worthy.
Ignition Deck's wordpress plugin means its easy to add crowdfunding to your site. Yes, you give up the "featured" aspect of having your campaign promoted by a big gun like Kickstarter or IndieGoGo, but you gain control and the SEO juice comes to YOU and YOUR SITE not them.
Ethan Mollic's Dynamics of Crowdfunding study showed what we expected:
* Most campaigns get funded by entrepreneurs own network.
* Most campaigns JUST MAKE their funding goals.
* Campaigns that have 25% in first days are 80% likely to meet their ASK. * Even small crowdfunding sites have high PageRank.
That last bullet is because crowdfunding sites benefit from the Facebook effect - create the environment and have everyone else provide the content and links. If most campaigns are funded by YOU anyway using a pluggin like IgnitionDeck may make sense.
Where it REALLY makes sense is at the enterprise level. Our Curagami customer Moon-Audio.com can create a "board" asking for new headphone, headphone amp and audio gear ideas from their Ambassadors and other visitors.
IgnitionDeck looks like a winner. We plan to investigate further and report back on http://www.Curagami.com . Thanks to Mark Foulkrod at Atlantic BT in Raleigh for the share.