Recent studies show that companies with a fully utilized CRM system can increase sales by 29%. But, any system is only as valuable as the information that goes into it. How do you get everyone in the company to use it and provide real time data?
- Make it simple: Any CRM system only needs: Prospect information, when and what was talked about last, follow up date/reminder and action, who it is assigned to, and what is the dollar value of the opportunity.
- Make sure it integrates with other company systems: Is it complementary to what is already being used? Can data be easily imported and exported from the CRM?
- Train them over and over again: Make it easy to use so they can get their jobs done. Show them how to use it from their smart phones or tablets.
- If the activity isn’t in the CRM system, it never happened: Every company needs to treat their CRM as the only repository for history. No one gets credit for anything if it is not written about here.
- Reports: Make sure you can get real time reports from the data.
Via Ashok Ramachandran