Main messages of EAE’s European Energy Saving Guide 2013 are:
1. Without a significantly increasing number of energy efficient buildings EU‘s climate change goals cannot be achieved.
2. People in Europe have insufficient knowledge about energy efficiency of the building stock.
3. EU‘s energy and climate objectives are ambitious – but no Member State realizes existing potential consequently.
4. New and innovative measures of finance are required.
5. Energy efficient construction and renovation could boost the economy and create many new jobs.
6. Thermal renovation pays off in the long run and helps to prevent energy poverty.