There’s a lot of things that can make you look dumb on Twitter and in the following they are some of the most important.
1. Anti-social media behavior on Twitter – Using programs like TrueTwit or SocialOomph for the auto DM feature is a HUGE fail in my book and I personally consider that Twitter Spam.
2. Over Re-tweet vs. Original Content – there is a group of people who LOVE Twitter, but haven’t quite found their voice yet either on Twitter or their own blog (if they have one). Their tweetstream is filled with a majority of retweets (RT’s) from everyone else. Sharing is good, but oversharing (retweeting) is bad.
3. Promotional Puking Tweets - If your Twitter stream is nothing but promotional tweets about your MLM opportunity or latest affiliate product you’re associated with and there are no @ replies or conversation starters, then you’re just puking out tweets in hopes of someone buying something.
4. Your Twitter Feed Updates In Bulk Tweets – Using a site like Triberr or Twitterfeed and not configuring it correctly is setting yourself up for failure.
5. #TeamFollowBack - You tweet this hashtag, have this hashtag in your bio. This makes you suck at Twitter. You’re not going to get the type of followers that will help your business.
6. #FollowFriday – Using this hashtag was all the rage a COUPLE OF YEARS AGO! Yet, people STILL love to give their #FF love. Instead, if you explain why you think someone should be followed THAT gives value to your followers. Then you ROCK! You’re providing value to your followers.
by Timothy Carter at http://socialmediatoday.com