The Wikimedia foundation, which runs Wikipedia, is up in arms over the fact that a company called "Wiki-PR" has been charging to create promotional articles on the online ...
Your new post is loading...
Excerpted from article:
"Every day, thousands of new pages are created on Wikipedia, requiring hundreds of volunteer editors to check them for quality — a process called “New Page Patrol.” To help these patrollers do their important work, we are pleased to announce the launch of Page Curation, a new suite of tools for reviewing articles on Wikipedia.
Page Curation aims to improve that page patrol experience by making it faster and easier to review new pages, using two integrated tools:
1) New Pages Feed lets you quickly see what new pages have just been created on Wikipedia. Helpful information is provided for each new page, including possible issues and whether or not the page has been reviewed. The feed can be sorted by date, or filtered by a variety of criteria, so you can easily find articles to review by type, or even by user name.
A number of patrollers have already started using Page Curation, and we hope that more curators will adopt this new toolkit over time..."
Read full original article here:
Via Giuseppe Mauriello
A lot of great announcements from major social media sites this week, including:
- The release of a new metatag for Google news
- A new programme for nonprofits on LinkedIn
- A new guide for journalists using Twitter
- A new tool allowing Wikipedia users to turn their favorite articles into eBooks.
- And more!
Curated by Cendrine Marrouat - SocialMediaSlant.com
Social media blogger & coach, content curator, author, and photographer. Founder of Social Media Slant and Cendrine Marrouat Photography. Paper.li blog staff writer and B2B News Network columnist
Business in a Social Media World
The best social media content to help you take your business to the next level.
Social Media Slant 4 Good
Let's use social media to promote global awareness!
The Social Media Slant Magazine
Interested in Social Media? Cendrine Marrouat has the latest tips and news for you, plus a lot more in between.