Is Google taking a less tolerant stance on "spam"? Which link types are most often classified as "unnatural"? How much can exact match anchor text tactics hurt your site? Here are some conclusions and top takeaways based on recent real world work.
Wanda Rawlins's insight:
I say check your anchor text, check your page level anchor text, always check with Google Webmaster tools for everyday link insights.
Do You want to Create a blog? Do you want to know how to Start a Blog? Then check out this list of Top 50 Blogs to Learn Blogging -The Ultimate list of Blogging Blogs...2. BasicBlogTips - Basic Blog Tips is a heaven of tips and resources for a lot of bloggers, this is one of those blogs that a lot of bloggers can’t do without. BBT is owned by a dynamic and very helpful woman, in person of Ileane Smith. The blog teaches practically blogging tips and also has great tutorials that will help your blogging journey .
Since last December's admission from Google + Bing's search teams regarding the direct impact of Twitter + Facebook on search rankings, marketers have been asking two questions: What signals are Google + Bing counting?
» Digital Strategist – What You Should Really Be Posting on Social Media | Digital Strategist
Wanda Rawlins's insight:
You don't have to post to social media-or talk about what everyone else is talking about-especially what you had for lunch or what you are wearing today! Simply talk about problems and how you overcome them. Or give people expert advice and tips and what works or has worked for you. Don't over complicate things on your end-K.I.S.S. (Keep It Simple Silly)
I use a USB condenser microphone that connects to my computer. It’s not the best USB condenser mic on the market, but they cost around $100 and come with a desk stand and shock mount which if you’re not an audio guy, makes the microphone look cooler.
The big news in search this week was the announcement of Facebook’s Graph Search. But today, Microsoft is making enhancements to its own “social search” capability. Specifically, Bing is adding more content to its Social Sidebar feature.
Wanda Rawlins's insight:
How The New Facebook Search Is Different & Unique From Google SearchOfficial: Bing Updates Social Sidebar DesignBing Testing Social Sidebar With New Look, More AnswersBing Now Handpicks News Writers For Its Social SidebarBing’s Social Sidebar Gains Klout Scores & People RecommendationsBing Adds Friend-Tagging To Social SidebarBing Relaunches, Features New Social SidebarFoursquare Tips Now Integrated Into Bing’s Social SidebarBing Brings Quora Content Into Its Social Sidebar
"If you aren't optimizing your videos to match what people are searching, your videos are likely to get lost and not reach their intended audience. Without reaching their intended audience, they serve no purpose.
Use the following 12 valuable tips to get your video to reach the first page of Google and YouTube, but most importantly build visibility to a large niche audience that is interested in what you have to offer.
1. Content Quality Check: Ensure your videos are relevant, informative, and rich with content. Don't waste time producing videos that have nothing to do with your brand or service.
2. Title: Capture the potential viewer's attention with a catchy title that contains related key phrases that are relevant to your brand or service.
3. Tags: Optimize your video with important key phrases or keywords. Don't use complicated words or terminology that may not be common to the average person.
4. Description: Optimize your video's description with relevant keywords and include a keyword-rich description of your video to allow search engines to index it and rank it higher, and for users to better understand your video before viewing.
5. Links: Use video as a portal to other content on your site. Upload a couple of videos to portals like YouTube and Vimeo, and consider providing links back to related content and other relevant videos on your site.
6. Transcripts: Provide transcripts of your videos. Good old HTML content is still a favorite with search engines.
7. Length: Keep your video at five minutes or less. The average amount of time a user spends on a YouTube video is around 1 minute 30 seconds. If you have video content that is of long duration, consider breaking it up into smaller pieces and tagging each accordingly, to be more appealing to the viewer.
8. Video Sitemaps: Submit a video sitemap to Google to make sure that the search engine spiders can find your video content and index it accordingly. This is the easiest way for search engines to find your video content.
9. Branding: As video is a great way to generate brand awareness with prospects, take advantage of this opportunity to incorporate your brand and logos into your videos.
10. Embedding Options: Help your video go viral. Allow other users access to the coding that will allow them to embed your video on their website or blog. This can help gain valuable back links and shares that will boost your rankings in search engines.
11. Syndication: Submit your video to RSS feeds and syndicate your videos to drive exposure across various online platforms and to optimize your videos even more.
12. Share, Share, Share! Get on your social networks, look through your email contacts, write on your blogs, and get the hype going..."