You may catch Marty combing through Vogue, Elle and Vanity Fair at B&N. Why? Fashion mags are great visual marketers - 8 Visual Marketing Tips From Vogue:
- Be specific & BIG NUMBERS are great ways to be specific.
- Be branded – take advantage of existing brands such as Shades of Grey.
- Be topical – March is “fashion week” in NYC and both magazines have extensive features.
- Be welcoming – note how both models look directly out at the viewers (my favorite online engagement pose).
- Use SOUND – “Sexy, Shiny, Bouncy Hair sounds fun. “Full on Fashion Force” sounds forceful. Words create rhythm and sounds that adds to or detracts from compelling images.
- Juxtapose – “street chic” and “fashion force” are examples of creative juxtapositions.
- Use Action Verbs – which of these action verbs AREN’T on either cover? grab, be bold, upgrade, must have, takes on, and rock? Yep, all of those “action verbs” are in sub-headlines.
- Simple Colors – ONLY colors used for headlines and sub-heads are black, white and red.