Across the six-month period of this analysis, we found that some post types did perform better than others.
- Lists and why-posts proved to have the most reliable social traction, averaging around 21,000 shares per month with a variance of less than 2.5%.
- What-posts were the riskiest format, showing a high variance of 13.45%
- Further analysis of the six-month period revealed:Lists narrowly claimed the most social traction at 22.45%
- Why-posts earned 22.32% of social traction.
- Videos drew 18.94% of total shares and performed well in Q4.
- How-to articles earned 18.42% of shares.
- What-posts had the lowest social traction, earning 17.88% of total shares....
Via Jeff Domansky