The holiday season is here and for most merchants, this is the peak time to start implementing smart strategies for boosting conversion. There’s still just a little bit of time left before the rush, so if you’ve been looking for some last-minute tweaks to make before you start fulfilling orders full-time, here are some of the best things you can do to boost conversions this holiday season:
Here is an interesting article by Aleyda Solis on Moz Blog sharing many tools and how she uses them for international SEO. Here below are just the main sections, subsections and associated tools.
1. IDENTIFY - Your initial international search status with: Google Webmaster Tools, Google Analytics;
- Your international search potential with: SEMrush, SearchMetrics Essentials, Moz Keyword Difficulty Tool;
- Your international keyword ideas with: Ubersuggest, SEOchat Suggestion Keyword Finder;
2. TARGET - Your international audience profile with: TNS Digital Life, Google's Consumer Barometer;
- Your international industry's behavior and characteristics with: Alexa, Rnkrnk, SimilarWeb, Google Display Network Research;
3. OPTIMIZE - Your hreflang annotations with: MediaFlow's Hreflang Sitemap Tool, DejanSEO Hreflang Validator, Rob Hammond's SEO Crawler, Screaming Frog SEO Spider Tool;
- Your country-targeted website's geolocation with: Google Webmaster Tools Geolocation Feature, Bing Webmaster Tools Geotargeting Feature, FlagFox extension for Firefox, Flag for Chrome extension;
- Your international web content with: Twitterfall, Google Trends, Talkwalker, PROMT, WordReference, ProZ;
4. PROMOTE - Your international popularity analysis with: Open Site Explorer, MajesticSEO, LinkRisk, Social Crawlytics, SimplyMeasured, CognitiveSEO;
- Your international link-building with: Link Prospector, FollowerWonk, BuzzStream, Topsy;
5. MEASURE - Your international search visibility with: I Search From, Search Latte, FoxyProxy for Firefox and Chrome, Hide My Ass, Trusted Proxies;
- Your international search results with: Moz Rank Tracker, SEscout, Authority Labs, Advanced Web Ranking, SEO SERP for Chrome, Rank Checker for Firefox, Google Analytics, Google Webmaster Tools;
6. BENEFIT - Your international SEO ROI The International SEO ROI Calculator.
Last but not least, let's not forget that despite all the help that these tools might give you the most important tool you have is your own brain. Tools are not meant to replace you, but to support you, so do your own analysis, test everything and validate frequently, using your brain..."
If there is one company on a mission to capitalize on search and display, it’s Facebook. Recent evidence this year shows that the social giant is stepping up its game across both channels – in search, they have announced the Graph Search, and in display, they have made big waves with consistent announcements surrounding the Facebook Exchange (FBX).
Recently, Search Metrics released a white paper on their findings for Google’s SEO Ranking Factors in 2013. It displays the correlation between particular metrics such as ‘Facebook Likes’ and ‘Backlinks’ and the rank ability of a page within Google.
Also available in the 70 page document are comparisons with 2012’s data, where that data is available. Not to many marketers surprise, a lot has changed. According to Search Metrics, it’s time to get social! In this article I graze upon some of the most important areas as well as my thoughts on what Google is playing it – for better and worse.
The data from search metrics is based on research and is not 100% factual. Nor are my opinions factual, but rather opinions and statements based on what I believe to be happening.
"In this new world of Internet marketing, it's not about being "optimized," but being "easy to find." That sounds like a subtle difference, but it couldn't be more profound.
One has to do with page tags, keywords, and trying to manipulate incoming links; the other is about generating interesting ideas, starting discussions, and being a prominent voice in your market or industry. It's the difference between screaming nonsense through a microphone and having journalists come to you for an expert opinion.
This infographic sets out the 21 NEW rules of content marketing that every modern marketer should know. If you want to maintain a high search engine ranking and use content to keep targeted buyers coming to you, this is information you can't afford to skip".
On April 3, the New York Times reported that LinkedIn is one of many competitors vying for a piece of Google’s search traffic.With over 5.7 billion professionally oriented searches performed on the site last year, LinkedIn has made continued efforts to improve the search experience, adding new features like auto-complete, suggested searches, automated alerts and a smarter query intent algorithm.
Content marketing on LinkedIn puts you and your business in front of the people you want to see it. Just like with Google, there is a renewed focus on content at LinkedIn as the company strives to compete with other social networks.A great example of this is LinkedIn’s recent acquisition and integration of SlideShare, a service used for uploading and sharing presentations.
Add to this the launch of new products like LinkedIn Today, LinkedIn Influencers (where a hand-picked crew of 200 celebrity professionals present exclusive content), and Sponsored Updates (allowing brands to promote whitepapers and branded content), and marketers have a powerful platform that combines search and social and connects content with influencers.
Sharing your scoops to your social media accounts is a must to distribute your curated content. Not only will it drive traffic and leads through your content, but it will help show your expertise with your followers.
How to integrate my topics' content to my website?
Integrating your curated content to your website or blog will allow you to increase your website visitors’ engagement, boost SEO and acquire new visitors. By redirecting your social media traffic to your website, Scoop.it will also help you generate more qualified traffic and leads from your curation work.
Distributing your curated content through a newsletter is a great way to nurture and engage your email subscribers will developing your traffic and visibility.
Creating engaging newsletters with your curated content is really easy.