Useful post! I immediately used one of these practical, ]LinkedIn profile tips from Careerealism's career experts to spruce up my profile, and I was already pretty good at it.
Here's an excerpt of their Cheat Shee of 5 Tips for a Professional Profile:
3. Get Recommendations… Lots of Them
Seek them proactively and seek them passively.
- Proactive recommendation seeking involves reaching out and asking someone to recommend you.
- Passive recommendation seeking involves recommending someone, at which point LinkedIn asks them to recommend you back. The latter is actually a bit more effective.
5. Give Your Professional Headline a Boost
Use the “|” to divide your text and create visual breaks.
Example: Which of the following is easier to read?
- Project Manager Specializing in Business Research and Analysis for Major Corporations
- Project Manager | Research & Analysis Specialist | Fortune 1000 Business Experience
Via Rami Kantari