The digital world @ the Service Of Tourism.
Hotels, Holiday Renting, Serviced Apartments, Hostels, DMC, Restaurants, MICE, Tours, Cruises.
Social Media, Online Distribution, Metasearch, CRM, Big Data, Paid media, Owned Media and Earned Media, Apps and Platforms.
El 82% de las agencias de viajes con presencia en España tiene perfil en las redes sociales, mientras que un 55% afirma haber realizado alguna venta a través del mismo. Un estudio de Bookingfax concluye que Facebook es la plataforma con mayor potencial, seguida a gran distancia por Twitter.
2015 will be the tipping point: Half of digital travel researchers will check out flights, hotels and more not only on a desktop or laptop PC but also (or only) via mobile, eMarketer predicts. And smartphones are more commonly used for both researching and booking travel than tablets. Based on eMarketer's latest forecast of digital and mobile travel researching and booking, 128.8 million people in the US will research travel on the internet this year, or 63.0% of internet users. Of that group, 47.4% will do so via mobile. Meanwhile, 106.3 million people (52.0% of internet users) will actually book travel online, including 31.6% of the total who will book travel on their mobile devices.
Every year, mobile keeps on raising the bar higher. What I would like to know in these statistics is what is the actual share of travel booking that are performed by the big players (Priceline, world hotel chains..) compared to independent or small players.
This would be relevant and interesting stats to follow year on year.
TripAdvisor is now home to 190 million reviews – that’s a staggering amount of content.
Olivier P. Soares's insight:
brilliant idea and suggestion: actually using your customers’ exact words as the written content on your website – especially for headlines, subheads or other bits of copy that must snatch your prospects’ attention.
Earlier this year, Priceline (NASDAQ:PCLN) strengthened its commercial partnership (initiated in 2012) with Ctrip (NASDAQ:CTRP), the biggest Chinese online travel agency (OTA), by investing $500 million in the company.
Google Plus has more than one billion registered (and 359 million active) users, as well as some of the most business-friendly features of any social network, this is the time to start building out your business page.
Aos poucos lá chegaremos ! Os hoteleiros tem de perceber que estes "goodies" não tem nada a ver com o facto de gostarmos de tecnologias, ou sermos "geeks" ! Tem a ver com o facto de gostarmos de serviço, eficiência e facilidade de acesso a serviços e conforto.
Thirty-three percent of travel and hospitality related searches bring up the Carousel, but prestige hotels are not taking full advantage of the feature. The average Carousel position among brands in the Digital IQ Index®: ...
The digital challenge is transforming the way companies interact with their customers, and especially in travel and hospitality, where the new digital paradigm plays an even greater role. According to Google, in summer 2014, more than half of the searches related to travel and tourism in Spain were made through mobile devices.
Olivier P. Soares's insight:
Inevitable evolution The objective is that by 2017, 40% of Company revenues come from its direct sales channels, particularly from members of its Melia Rewards loyalty programme. In parallel, other channels are also expected to grow and contribute the remaining 60% of revenues. All in all, in 2015 online channels in general (direct channels, Online Travel Agencies and Online Tour Operators) will already surpass offline or more traditional channels.
Lors du Forum du Tourisme numérique à Deauville, l'agence web CINS, spécialisée dans la création de site Internet, a animé un atelier sur le référencement naturel (SEO). Quels sont les points clés d’un référencement naturel réussi ? Quels sont les outils disponibles pour assurer une visibilité...
Sharing your scoops to your social media accounts is a must to distribute your curated content. Not only will it drive traffic and leads through your content, but it will help show your expertise with your followers.
How to integrate my topics' content to my website?
Integrating your curated content to your website or blog will allow you to increase your website visitors’ engagement, boost SEO and acquire new visitors. By redirecting your social media traffic to your website, Scoop.it will also help you generate more qualified traffic and leads from your curation work.
Distributing your curated content through a newsletter is a great way to nurture and engage your email subscribers will developing your traffic and visibility.
Creating engaging newsletters with your curated content is really easy.