Discovery Place, Charlotte’s Science Museum, is a family-friendly attraction with fun educational events, shows, IMAX, 3D films and live animals.
In Charlotte for the Search Exchange Conference and saw an interesting idea at lunch. The Charlotte Discovery Museum puts exhibits out on the sidewalk.
What a concept. Everyday at lunch thousands stream by the museum. Instead of staying locked up in their box they bring cool exhibits out to the sidewalk.
The relevant question is what are you doing to move your online content and community metaphorically out to the sidewalk? Here are my favorite ways to go to the people:
* Conferences and events.
* Meetups and classes.
* Find the _______ to win __________ (these modern treasure hunts have exploded on social / mobile web).
* Free Consulting Sundays (promise to bring these back soon).
* Free Lunch Fridays (have lunch on a Hangout & invite anyone interested in your topic. Be sure to schedule cool topics.
* Meet ___________ at _____________ If you can get Seth Godin to come hangout with you do so. If not think who you can hangout with & invite others.
* Startup Weekends & Hackathons.
* Online "telethons" (stolen from my friend Gregory Ng).
* Ride a bicycle across America (NOT recommended lol).
* Speak at conferences like Phil is at SearchEx and I am at FedEx Ecom Strategies Conference in Raleigh tomorrow.
What about you? How to you get your act out and on the road. What do you like to do to add a sense of touch and reality to your virtual identity?
Via Martin (Marty) Smith