The oldest castle in Slovenia was opened in December 2012 after being significantly renovated, reports Posavje.info. The Rajhenburg castle, which stands high above the narrow Sava river valley, was first mentioned in 895, when it was owned by the Bavarian knights. It was rebuilt in XII Century. In the period 1141 to 1570 Rajhenburg knights lived in the castle. The castle's current form dates back to the Renaissance period, and the luxurious wall and ceiling frescoes are still well-preserved. The most prominent owners of the castle were the Rajhenburgs, the noble Moscons, the Knights Gradeneck, the Barons Gall Galenstein and the Counts Attems. In 1881, the castle was bought by the Trapist monks, who turned it into a monastery where delicious chocolate, cheese and liqueur were produced. The saddest part of the castle's history came during the second world war, when it became a gathering camp for Slovenian exiles.