There are many interesting stories in genealogy magazins. Here is an opportunity offered to publish yours in the Linden Tree.
Rose Marie Macek Jisa, the President of Slovenian Genealogy Society International, Inc. has recently sent to her Slovenian colleague Peter Hawlina the following sample questions to answer about one's search for family in America.
1. How and when did you learn you had family in America? Any interesting stories passed down from generation to generation?
2. What information did you have that tied them to your family?
3. What steps did you take to get in touch with them, i.e., did you write letters? did you make phone calls? did you contact them using the internet? If yes, how did you find their addresses?
4. What success have you had in finding your family?
5. How were they able to help you? What kind of information were they able to share with you, i.e., have they share photos with you . . . .
7. Have you shared your family tree with them?
8. Have you been able to develop an on-going relationship with them?
9. Do you plan to travel to America to meet them or are they planning to come to Slovenia to meet you?
We’d like to add a short paragraph about who you are, i.e., where you live in Slovenia, when you became interested in genealogy, etc.
Please add anything else you feel would add to your story. If you do not know the English language, write it in Slovenian and I will have it translated to English. Better still, if you do know English but feel hesitant about writing it, please write it anyhow – we will be happy to edit it. Before publishing your article in our Linden Tree publication, I will email a copy to you for your approval. If possible, it would be nice to have a copy of a page of your family tree and/or a photo of you to accompany your article.
Thank you so much!
Rose Marie Macek Jisa
President, Slovenian Genealogy Society International, Inc.