...Social media has become an important marketing tool for any business that wants to succeed in the current marketplace. It is a landscape that is constantly changing, and if you do not keep on top of your social media marketing techniques, it is easy to get left behind.
No one can know for sure what 2013 will bring for social media, but the companies who thrive are the ones who are ready and quick to adapt. We cannot predict which new social networks will make an impact in 2013, or which will start to lose influence.
In fact, the only thing that we can predict, is that social media will continue to be unpredictable. But whatever form it takes, social media is going to continue to be a major force in marketing. So if you do not want to get left behind, 2013 is your last chance to get social media marketing right.
Is it that important? A recent study by the Princeton Review, 85 percent of people said that they expect businesses to be active in social media. Unless your target demographic happens to fall perfectly in that remaining 15 percent, a presence on social media is essential for your company. That same study said that 79 percent of companies are already either using, or planning to use social media.
So you might be thinking that, because your company has an account on Twitter or Facebook, you are all set. However, the most damning statistic is this one: of that 79 percent, only 12 percent are using social media effectively....
Via Jeff Domansky