What is a Single Page Application? Essentially, an application disguised as a single web page. Like the official "Twitter" web application. You click, things happen, data is loaded and released asynchronously, layouts are arranged and displayed. Like magic.
On a crazy Thursday afternoon I had the mad idea of building a Single Page Application on top of SharePoint.
The story so far
* Everything in a SharePoint farm solution
* UI layout using Twitter Bootstrap - what you see above is based on the Fluid example template
* UI binding using Knockout.JS
* Additional glue with jQuery
* Reading from SharePoint via OOTB REST service API
* Exposes _spPageContextInfo object
* Expose SP.ClientContext objects/scripts
Via Jan Hesse