On April 3, the New York Times reported that LinkedIn is one of many competitors vying for a piece of Google’s search traffic.With over 5.7 billion professionally oriented searches performed on the site last year, LinkedIn has made continued efforts to improve the search experience, adding new features like auto-complete, suggested searches, automated alerts and a smarter query intent algorithm.
Content marketing on LinkedIn puts you and your business in front of the people you want to see it. Just like with Google, there is a renewed focus on content at LinkedIn as the company strives to compete with other social networks.A great example of this is LinkedIn’s recent acquisition and integration of SlideShare, a service used for uploading and sharing presentations.
Add to this the launch of new products like LinkedIn Today, LinkedIn Influencers (where a hand-picked crew of 200 celebrity professionals present exclusive content), and Sponsored Updates (allowing brands to promote whitepapers and branded content), and marketers have a powerful platform that combines search and social and connects content with influencers.
Excerpted from article on VentureBeat: "Are you using video in your online marketing strategies? Did you know that 87 percent of online marketers now use video content? Whether you’ve been creating video content for years or this is your first time, we wanted to share some tips on how to make your video stand out from the rest and go viral.
Here are our 3 steps to making a viral video.
1. Understand your audience and their viral triggers. - Know your audience: This is very important — it is really, really difficult to make a video that everyone will enjoy. Focus on YOUR audience. Get hyper-specific.
- Consider why people share online: The average viewer shares video for a variety of reasons. People share for two major reasons: “a) they altruistically want to share the enjoyment of that video with others or b) they selfishly want to be seen sharing or critiquing that video.”
- Understand your audience’s viral triggers: The most important aspect of creating a viral video is understanding how to combine the two elements discussed above to understand your audience’s viral triggers. Triggers are what turn your viewer from a passive spectator into someone that will share your content. Focus on one or two triggers and go “all-in” on them.
2. Optimize your video for an online audience. - Post your video everywhere: Your video should be hosted on YouTube, Vimeo, and your professional content management system. Submit your links to Reddit, Digg, StumbleUpon, Facebook, Twitter and any other frequently visited site that displays video.
- Make it short: Keep your video short — the average viewer watches between 15 – 30 seconds of a video, so lead with the portion of the video that is engaging.
- Design for remix and meme-ability: Sometimes your initial video is not the one that goes viral, but parodies or memes that are developed from it can become instant hits.
- Provocative thumbnail and proper tagging: Make sure to give your video a provocative thumbnail. Also, make sure to give your video the proper tagging with description text that helps your search engine optimization (SEO) efforts and people who are looking for your video on YouTube.
3. Distribution. Unfortunately, nobody can guarantee that a video goes viral. The best way to do this is to create initial small groups of supporters to start your distribution cycle.
- Niche influencers: This goes back to understanding your audience. Online publications and bloggers are hungry for content that is interesting for their audiences.
- Celebrity influencers: After getting some niche recognition, the next step is to reach out to influencers with larger built-in distribution networks. These include YouTube celebrities, mainstream bloggers, Twitter celebrities, etc.
- Create initial groups of support: Use a service like Virool to guarantee your video gets viewed a certain number of times. They use a network of blogs, games and other partners to make sure that real people watch your content..."
Google’s +1s do not have a direct effect on a site’s ranking in search results. Google’s Matt Cutts said as much in a “Power Searching With Google” hangout on Google+ (via Alex Graves)
Here’s more of what Cutts had to say in the hangout: “In the short term, we’re still going to have to study and see how good the signal is, so right now, there’s not really a direct effect where if you have a lot of +1s, you’ll rank higher.
But there are things like, we have an authorship proposal, where you can use nice standards to markup your webpage, and you’ll actually see a picture of the author right there, and it turns out that if you see a picture of the author, sometimes you’ll have higher click through, and people will say, ‘oh, that looks like a trusted resource.’
So there are ways that you can participate and sort of get ready for the longer term trend of getting to know not just that something was said, but who said it and how reputable they were.”
Don't get left behind, follow these 7 Steps to Brilliant B2B Marketing! Many Business-to-business (B2B) companies are already successfully getting great r. Marketing topic(s):Digital strategy development.
Often B2B organisations are not getting the most from today’s marketing since they don’t have a planned approach based on an integrated inbound marketing plan.
Smart Insights created an Infographic showing the latest research on how companies are using inbound marketing and digital marketing with advice on key issues to think through at each step which are relevant to all involved in inbound and content marketing.
The results across different studies show that while many companies are delivering brilliant results, many could do more.
Importance de la communauté, nombre de fans gagnés ou d'interactions avec les internautes... Grâce au nouveau baromètre JDN / Graph Insider, découvrez chaque mois les secteurs qui réussissent à mobiliser leur communauté sur le réseau social.
The concept of coupons is not new, it has existed as long as business has existed as a marketing tool for business owners to attract new customers and sometimes to retain existing customers. Companies like Groupon ...
Le cabinet américain estime que la solution proposée par Rio SEO est la meilleure et la plus complète. Suit celle de BrightEdge, qualifiée de "solide", puis celles des éditeurs SEOmoz et Conductor, jugés "bon challengers".
"Search and social media are joined at the hip – or are they? As search engine rankings get more complex, and the dust has settled on search engine updates from the last 18 month, marketers are left wondering what’s next.
Although social media and search engine optimization used to be in two different camps of online marketing, they seem to be increasingly linked together.
In 2010, Google implemented a more social friendly search algorithm that took author reputation, bookmarking, commenting and other social “signals” (likes, retweets, shares and more) into account when presenting their search engine results. In addition, they began to implement the “Search Plus Your World” option for searchers who were logged into their Google accounts while searching. Other search engines quickly followed suit, and SEOs everywhere began to emphasize social media for optimization.
But what kind of social media and how many social media signals are a factor in search engine results?
On parle souvent du réseau social Facebook qui a atteint récemment le milliard d'usagers, mais on oublie souvent que l'autre grand de l'Internet « ... Votre partenaire en marketing Web et stratégie Internet ...
On parle volontiers de mondialisation, de village global… Mais derrière les acquis de l’économie du 21e siècle sous-tend un contexte de guerre, de positionnement, faits de tactiques et de stratégie bien rodée.
« Désigner nommément le mal, c'était le faire exister, en rechercher la cause, c'était avouer son inquiétude, s'exposer aux rumeurs ». (Comment naissent et évoluent les rumeurs sur les médias sociaux ?
Sharing your scoops to your social media accounts is a must to distribute your curated content. Not only will it drive traffic and leads through your content, but it will help show your expertise with your followers.
How to integrate my topics' content to my website?
Integrating your curated content to your website or blog will allow you to increase your website visitors’ engagement, boost SEO and acquire new visitors. By redirecting your social media traffic to your website, Scoop.it will also help you generate more qualified traffic and leads from your curation work.
Distributing your curated content through a newsletter is a great way to nurture and engage your email subscribers will developing your traffic and visibility.
Creating engaging newsletters with your curated content is really easy.