1. It is realistically contextualized.
2. It requires judgment and innovation.
3. It asks the student to “do” the subject.
4. It replicates key challenging situations in which adults are truly “tested” in the workplace, in civic life, and in personal life.
5. It assesses the student’s ability to efficiently and effectively use a repertoire of knowledge and skills to negotiate a complex and multistage task.
6. It allows appropriate opportunities to rehearse, practice, consult resources, and get feedback on and refine performances and products.
Via Kim Flintoff