Twitter is a fantastic platform that allows you to interact with like-minded people. I've learnt a lot from fellow digital marketers on Twitter by joining conversations and reading their content.
Along the way I've picked up a fairly substantial set of tips, tricks and hints on how to make the most of Twitter and build your presence there.
Anyway, enough waffle, you came here wanting tips so let's get to it.
1. The more tweeting you do the more clicks you'll get but overdo it and you'll lose followers. No one wants their timelines hijacked.
2. Tweeting keyword rich, relevant content throughout the day will attract followers specific to your industry/interests.
3. You can build your Twitter following by following those that follow companies/people similar to you. Don't go overboard though, Twitter frowns upon this.
4. #hashtags are great way to gain exposure during conferences/events and interact with like-minded people.
5. Favouriting tweets is a simple way of acknowledging people and in return can earn you followers.
Read more: http://econsultancy.com/in/blog/62470-29-useful-twitter-tips-for-beginners