You are the content you publish.
Sign up with Facebook
Sign up with Twitter
I don't have a Facebook or a Twitter account
Start a free trial of Scoop.it Professional
Infographic Transcription: How Social Media Affects Search - Helps Content Get Indexed Faster - Tweeting cuts indexation time by 50%...
Like this? Read more good stuff at www.facebook.com/crowdpatch
How Social Media Affects Search
(1) Tweeting cuts indexation time by 50%;
(2) Shares can trigger the freshness portions of Google’s algorithm, giving you temporary increases in rankings;
(3) Increases Ranking for Social Connections;
(4) High levels of social activity show search engines that you’re authentic, engaged and valuable to readers;
(5) Author authority is a signal to the search engines that you consistently write useful content;
(6) Using rel=”author” allows Google to track your writing across the web; and
(7) Social bookmarking shows the engines that you’re authoritative and popular.