Thorkil Sonne is betting that, given the right environment, an autistic adult could not just hold down a job but also be the best person for it.
Interesting article about autism and a family that started a company called Specialisterne, Danish for “the specialists". The theory that, given the right environment, an autistic adult could not just hold down a job but also be the best person for it
A friend recently shared this with me. Makes me think we need to think of more ways to capitalize on our kids strengths and when they are older make sure we match a job they are passionate about and also one that will build on their gifts.
Here's to others seeing ALL kids as competent!
The Autism Paradox
1. It's easy to recite an entire book but difficult to make up a story.
2. It's easy to line up toys but difficult to stay in line.
3. It makes perfect sense to climb on the sofa but little sense to sit on it.
4. Memorizing the Presidents in order - 10 minutes. Packing a school bag - 10 hours.
5. Family pictures on the wall are boring but that speck of dust next to it, now that's fascinating!
6. Talking about weather patterns - a piece of cake. Talking about my day - impossible.
7. Ability to focus on spinning objects - timeless. Ability to focus on homework - 3 seconds.
8. Being called by name - can't hear it. Some owl hooting in the distance - clear as a bell.
9. How to operate the remote control - zero instruction. How to button up pants - intensive instruction.
10. Navigating social rules - poorly skilled. Navigating from the back seat of the car - highly skilled.
Sharing your scoops to your social media accounts is a must to distribute your curated content. Not only will it drive traffic and leads through your content, but it will help show your expertise with your followers.
How to integrate my topics' content to my website?
Integrating your curated content to your website or blog will allow you to increase your website visitors’ engagement, boost SEO and acquire new visitors. By redirecting your social media traffic to your website, Scoop.it will also help you generate more qualified traffic and leads from your curation work.
Distributing your curated content through a newsletter is a great way to nurture and engage your email subscribers will developing your traffic and visibility.
Creating engaging newsletters with your curated content is really easy.