The next generation of doctors' surgeries could feature:
* Patient check in – already an effective solution providing the ability to self-check in for appointments
* Medical Triage – many small items can be taken independently and combined into a self-service solution such as blood pressure, weight and height
* Physician communication portal – this solution could be used to communicate and document the purpose of the patient visit and input questions.
* Patient checkout –already an effective solution providing the ability to checkout, submit insurance and pay for service.
* Pharmacy - a self-service solution to scan a prescription into the pharmacy or a separate medication dispensary overseen by a qualified pharmacist.
* Directory/Wayfinding – this is already a successful self-service solution to help guide and direct patient flow to appropriate areas in the hospital.
* Nutritional planning kiosk - nutrition is a huge piece of healthcare and can impact positively or negatively patient health. Healthcare facilities could incorporate nutritional planning kiosks into wellness programs with recipes, cholesterol checks, weight loss and shopping lists.
* Weigh-in – with two-thirds of the adult population being overweight, a weight loss self-service kiosk could provide extended options for weight management and goal obtainment
* Patient communication portal – Patient satisfaction is evaluated in healthcare but performance is hard to document retroactively. A patient communication kiosk could provide opportunities for surveys and real-time feedback on staff.
Via Andrew Spong