"As teachers, our role must change to one that enables, guides, personalises and embraces digital technology as a fundamental part of student learning. The most dangerous thing we can do to our students is to keep doing what our teachers and professors did to us:
• Remain centre stage in a face-to-face classroom.
• Ensure that every lesson goes according to our educational script.
• Focus upon what we want all students to cover during a scheduled lesson rather than what each student needs to learn, when they need to learn it.
• Keep overestimating our own importance in the teaching-learning dynamic and underestimating the potential of students to learn independently and collaboratively.
• Maintain our roles as mediators of content rather than developing our students' capacities as discriminating, self-regulated learners in an open-source world.
It was good enough for us. Right?"
Via Nik Peachey