This toolkit is one outcome of a three year project entitled: ‘Hybrid problem based learning: a scalable approach to sustainability education?’ funded by the Higher Education Academy's National Teaching Fellowship Scheme. It is a collaboration between Keele University, the University of Manchester and Staffordshire University. The project aimed to explore effective ways of adapting traditional problem – based learning approaches for the delivery of transformative sustainability education to large student numbers.
This toolkit is aimed at educators wishing to learn more about any one of the following areas:
- traditional and hybrid problem-based learning;
- delivering less resource intensive PBL;
- the use of online learning technologies/social media in group-based teaching and learning;
- education for sustainable development;
- and, managing student group working dynamics.