Where does the world get its electricity? See how much power is generated, and from what fuels, today and in the future.
We all need energy...
- to survive
- for our physical being,
- in order to run all of our electronics and drive our cars.
With National Geographic’s Great Energy Challenge users can...
- find out how big their carbon footprint is.
- find out about the carbon footprint of every region around the world.
- also view an interactive display of electrical consumption all around the world.
- view a global map, or zoom and see more specific regions. The interactive display also shows how each region produces electricity. You can use the sliders below the map to see how changing the way a region produces their electricity would impact that region, and the entire world.