Regional Geography
Follow
Find
14.1K views | +9 today
 
Suggested by Derek Ethier
onto Regional Geography
Scoop.it!

Indian tycoon buys NY Plaza Hotel

Indian tycoon buys NY Plaza Hotel | Regional Geography | Scoop.it
DE: This is an example of globalization at its finest. Rich Indian tycoons, seeing opportunity for capital in foreign nations (in this case the US) have purchased a 75% stake in NYC's Plaza Hotel. Ironically, the other 25% is owned by a Saudi prince. In a globalized world, the nation state has become much less important as groups operate across national boundaries with little heed for laws and boundaries. Big corporations with no ties to any nation are purchasing land and real estate around the world, making it unclear who they pledge allegiance to, if anyone.
more...
No comment yet.
Regional Geography
Global politics and foreign affairs from around the globe
Curated by Seth Dixon