More than 6.7 million students took an online course in 2011…were you one of them? Education and Skills 2.0: New Targets and Innovative Approaches , a new book from the World Economic Forum’s Global Agenda Council on Education and Skills , says that at scale, higher education’s migration to online will redefine what it means to provide a great education to students.
Este método de aprendizaje intensivo está basado en micropíldoras en formato video. La idea surge del aprovechamiento del potencial de redes sociales como Vine o Instagram que permiten distribuir y viralizar fácilmente este tipo de microcontenido.
Last year my students designed infographics for the first time. I enjoyed the process and the products. It was a fun strategy to teach my students crucial research skills while encouraging them to think creatively about how to visually communicate information.
Students shouldn’t only be listeners. They should also interact with learning content. Quiz is one of the possible interactions that gives great results for long-term knowledge. There are four basic types of questions: multiple choice, single choice, true/false and fill in the blanks. As I’ll explain, these types serve slightly different purposes, but the main purpose of all quizzes is assessment. You can and should mix it up with different types of questions – as it engages the students mind in multiple ways. There are however some basic principles to follow.
Flipped learning is more than just having students do homework during the school day. It’s more than just putting the onus on students to teach themselves. In fact, it’s neither of those things. Don’t be fooled by simple explanations of flipped classrooms that simplify a highly complex undertaking.
How to facilitate such discussions is confusing to many teachers, and online discussion threads and chatrooms may be seen as a poor substitute for the “real” thing, an evil necessity of the online class. However, although there are some barriers such as its more decontextualized nature, in comparison to face-to-face discussion, there are advantages that are unique to the online discussion that can be built on by the instructor while the drawbacks are minimized.
Este artículo describe las distintas etapas del desarrollo de carreras a distancia en la Universidad Autónoma Gabriel René Moreno. La primera tarea fue crear un modelo del diseño instruccional de las carreras que se dictarían en la modalidad e-learning.
El rápido avance de la sociedad de la información y el conocimiento exige nuevas habilidades y competencias, así como sugiere nuevos escenarios y entornos de formación. La competencia digital, entendida, no sólo como las habilidades, conocimientos y actitudes hacia con las tecnologías de información y comunicación TIC, sino también por su aplicación efectiva y crítica frente a un propósito determinado configura una de las principales competencias clave del siglo XXI.
Within my district there is quite a debate going on about the difference between formative and summative assessments. Specifically, the administration in my school district has developed a common syllabus for our teachers this year which states that 30% of a student’s grade should be made up of formative assessments (homework, journals, etc.) and the remaining 70% should be made up of summative assessments (quizzes, tests, exams). I am on the side that is arguing that a formative assessment should never be graded – it is supposed to be used as a tool to evaluate teaching so that adjustments can be made to instruction.
I write you in hopes of getting a clear and concise definition of a formative assessment. Can they be graded? If so, how are graded and ungraded formative assessments different from one another?
I’ll need to qualify my answers by distinguishing between ‘theory’ and ‘practice’ and in terms of the meanings of the key terms.
Sharing your scoops to your social media accounts is a must to distribute your curated content. Not only will it drive traffic and leads through your content, but it will help show your expertise with your followers.
How to integrate my topics' content to my website?
Integrating your curated content to your website or blog will allow you to increase your website visitors’ engagement, boost SEO and acquire new visitors. By redirecting your social media traffic to your website, Scoop.it will also help you generate more qualified traffic and leads from your curation work.
Distributing your curated content through a newsletter is a great way to nurture and engage your email subscribers will developing your traffic and visibility.
Creating engaging newsletters with your curated content is really easy.