A 3D Printable Raman Spectrometer that uses a raspberryPi, a couple of arduino compatible ARM boards, a really bright laser and some parts you can grab from eBay, adafruit, sparkFun, Mouser, or wherever...!
BASIC DESIGN GOALS:
1. Make it 3D Printable.
2. Make it modular and easy to upgrade.
3. Make it as easy to build as possible.
4. Make it easy to customize and open to improvement.
5. Use only commonly available off the shelf components whenever possible.
6. Have a remote interface that will allow it to be controlled and viewed from anywhere.
7. Compare the spectra to the online spectral databases. (i.e. ASTER, ENVI, etc.)
8. Provide the capability to log data to remote databases, share with friends and colleagues..
9. Not be just another open source spectrometer..
10. Make it easy to use and intuitive.
11. Make it attractive with an elegant design..
12. Make it useful and just cool to have!