I normally talk about new technology and platforms making lots of new programming ideas possible, but in Bulgaria it seemed less relevant. Instead, my top five tips for the future of radio were:
1. Recognise the change in media
2. Radio is more than just a music jukebox.
3. Broadcast radio delivers mass audiences. Do the small niche stuff on the internet.
4. Invest in solid, joint, audience research for the whole of the industry.
5. The radio has to look better. In a world of multi-platform radio, it’s more important than ever to get the user-interface right.