First, some general observations about what makes a music app popular on Facebook these days, as well as a little analysis of how the list has changed since spring 2011:
- Playlist-sharing services are trending upward.
- Music on Facebook is getting regionalized, with more country-specific services making the list.- Plenty of apps help you find out about live shows, but Bandsintown
rules the roost among Facebook-connected apps, by a long shot.
- Spotify dominates all other Facebook-connected music apps -- especially the other on-demand subscriptions.
- Pandora, the top streaming radio provider in the world's biggest music market (the U.S.), is not on the list. Will its lack of Facebook Connect integration hurt it in the long run?
- Facebook's manager of strategic partnerships commended Vevo's Facebook integration to Evolver.fm last month, and it appears to be paying off; YouTube does not make the list.
Read more at http://www.billboard.biz/bbbiz/industry/digital-and-mobile/top-28-facebook-music-apps-the-new-generation-1008090022.story#q2zxXwrELVLySmck.99
Via Nuno Costa Moreira