AFP Dr. Max Gomez: Gene Therapy Could Be Lifesaver For Cancer Patients CBS Local “The approach that we've taken is to take a patient's immune cells out of their body and use gene therapy technology to redirect the immune cells to recognize the...
5) Advice for getting into this work..coursework...internships...degress?
- Go into college with a Pre-med degree so you hvave your under graduate--then getting into a PhD program would be good because you would gain a science knowlewge on top of your medical background. It is a lot easier to get into gene therapy these days because it is a well-known field. (When he started into this field in the 1980's it was an unknown field and was not as easy and straighforwasrd intot getting into)
6) What are some successes?
-Bubble boy-not just using bone marrow but able to use gene therapy
7) What are some risks and failures from gene therapy?
8) How does gene therapy work?
-They use virsus to insert gene into people's bodies. You can easily tell from getting the flu, viruses sare very efffiecient at inserting their DNA into your body. They are very efficient for using gene therapy because of this reason.
9) Is it only trials or used form of medicine?
-Just trials still
10) Pros and Cons--- ethical reasons?
- I believe there are no problems with using gene therapy as long as you are not changing what happens to the next genteration. Since gene therapy only modifies body (somatic) cells it has no affect on future generations. There are risks and benefits, but there are for everything, including taking aspirin. No ethical issues at all.
THURSDAY, Jan. 16, 2014 (HealthDay News) -- A new gene therapy that successfully treated a rare eye disease in clinical trials could prove the key to preventing more common inherited causes of blindness, researchers say.
Sharing your scoops to your social media accounts is a must to distribute your curated content. Not only will it drive traffic and leads through your content, but it will help show your expertise with your followers.
How to integrate my topics' content to my website?
Integrating your curated content to your website or blog will allow you to increase your website visitors’ engagement, boost SEO and acquire new visitors. By redirecting your social media traffic to your website, Scoop.it will also help you generate more qualified traffic and leads from your curation work.
Distributing your curated content through a newsletter is a great way to nurture and engage your email subscribers will developing your traffic and visibility.
Creating engaging newsletters with your curated content is really easy.