IBM's predictions all involve big data and using computing to glean intelligence from vast systems. We discuss them with IBM's research boss....
In a nutshell, IBM says:
– The classroom will learn you.
– Buying local will beat online.
– Doctors will use your DNA to keep you well.
– A digital guardian will protect you online.
– The city will help you live in it.
Meyerson said that this year’s ideas are based on the fact that everything will learn. Machines will learn about us, reason, and engage in a much more natural and personalized way. The innovations are being enabled by cloud computing, big data analytics, and adaptive learning technologies. IBM believes the technologies will be developed with the appropriate safeguards for privacy and security, but each of these predictions raises privacy and security issues...