Projection advertising is a video projection system that uses a large outdoor surface to broadcast an advertisement. The advertisement could consist of big bright images, changing still pictures, motion pictures, videos etc. The outdoor surface could be the side of building, giant screens, mountains or a billboard on which projection is done. Project advertisement serves as a great event marketing tool for short-term, fleeting audiences. It is an effective way to grab their attention within a buzzing zone. That is why these forms of advertisements are a common site at trade shows, movie premiers, road side billboards, shopping arcades, food joints, sporting events, product launches, political rallies etc.
These days intelligent projectors have come up that consist of interactive features that allow people to become a part of the projected image. They could be very large or medium in their dimensions. The maximum size of any type of projection advertising is restricted by the type, size, and overall power of the projection equipment used.
Types of Projection Advertising:
#Projected advertising images offered by companies at present have the following sizes as the upper and lower limitations:
10 x 15 feet (about 3 x 4.5 meters)
200 x 300 feet (about 61 x 91 meters)
#Some factors that influence the kind of a projected advertisement obtained include brightness levels, lucidity, and visibility. These factors are as follows:
Effect of surrounding lights alters brightness and contrast of a picture.
The texture of projection surface can vary the lucidity of a picture.
Power of the projection equipment used also matters.
Projected advertisements are broadly classified into two types namely:
1. Static projection ads – Projection advertising companies know that a big blank wall makes a brilliant advertising space. These walls can be used to project catchy ads through innovative multi-projector edge blending technology and other advanced projector equipment. The equipment has multi-output graphics card connected to several edge blending projectors. Further on, software with a user-friendly interface enables pixels at the point of image overlap to be manipulated. Hence a combination of multiple images to create a single, unified and faultless image makes a perfect static display. The resultant image is detailed and spectacular to look at that can easily grab a passerby’s attention.
2. Animated or full motion images against large exterior walls easily catch the eye of a bystander. These ads work best after dark when surrounding areas are dark. They are mainly a part and parcel of nighttime events. They help to transform regular buildings with a boring façade into huge viewing spaces in attractive entertainment districts.
Projection advertising is a proven ad option.It has several benefits that are defined below:
1) This type of digital advertising can visually enhance an oversized wall, building surface, large foyer or function area.
2) Products and services are easily promoted through attention-grabbing ads. That way a business house can corner the target market.
3) This form of advertising is equally beneficial for ad agencies that can generate revenue through advertising.
4) Finally messages get communicated in a unique and memorable way.
Hence existing commercials, ads, pictures etc. can be reformatted with projections advertising for marketing a product or to communicate a message to the masses. These ads run nightly, weekly or monthly depending on the needs of a company and the urgency of communication. Ultimately, to reap the benefits of this technologically advanced means of advertising, some solid upfront planning is required. That way, projection advertising can meet the best possible needs of the client, the ad agency as well as the business organization.