Bookmark this page and when you’re ready to look at some teacherly resources, come back. I’ve collected 89 great resources to make your job easier–everything from grading rubrics, online quizzes, audio books, utilities, to puzzle creators and more.
"Turn your students into historians with primary-source based activities that develop historical thinking skills. Activities are ready to use in your classroom. Or alter an existing activity to fit your unique needs."
"Whether you’re a teacher looking to incorporate new media into a classroom setting, a homeschooling family, or a parent hoping to supplement the day’s formal coursework, the following resources offer some particularly great examples of using digital technology to get kids exploring the universe. They’re fun."
"Last week a reader contacted me for suggestions about displaying YouTube videos in her classroom without accidentally having an inappropriate "related video" show up on the screen. What follows are the three resources I recommend for displaying YouTube without the sidebar advertisements and related videos."
Last year, Kim Crosby spent about 80 percent of her class time teaching math concepts at Waukesha STEM Academy in Wisconsin. For the other 20 percent, she helped students individually. This year, that time was reversed.
At ISTE, I had the pleasure of presenting in the Google theatre on Writing with Google Docs. It was a short presentation aimed at demonstrating how educators can use Google Docs to foster writing in its various stages.
Online test prep company Grockit has launched a new social learning site, Learnist, which it likens to "the Pinterest for educators and students." With it, users can collect and pin content from around the web, like YouTube videos and websites,...
"we are always searching for relevant video content to share with our students in the classroom. Fortunately enough , we have several free educational video websites where we can dig in and find video materials ideal for classroom inclusion. The only problem, however, is the time constraint. Sometimes we are pressed by our plans and schedules to leave our computers without being able to finsih watching the videos we selected for review, but now thanks to a set of smart applications, we can bookmark our videos and even resume watching them right from the exact moment we left off."
Sharing your scoops to your social media accounts is a must to distribute your curated content. Not only will it drive traffic and leads through your content, but it will help show your expertise with your followers.
How to integrate my topics' content to my website?
Integrating your curated content to your website or blog will allow you to increase your website visitors’ engagement, boost SEO and acquire new visitors. By redirecting your social media traffic to your website, Scoop.it will also help you generate more qualified traffic and leads from your curation work.
Distributing your curated content through a newsletter is a great way to nurture and engage your email subscribers will developing your traffic and visibility.
Creating engaging newsletters with your curated content is really easy.