There are many tools out there that can help you identify your strengths. StrengthsFinder, for instance, is a popular one. But here I want to focus on just one tool: the multiple intelligence test by Howard Garner.
The test is based on the theory that there are seven types of intelligence :
- Linguistic: sensitivity to spoken and written language.
- Logical-mathematical: capacity to analyze problems logically.
- Musical: skill in the performance, composition, and appreciation of musical patterns.
- Bodily-kinesthetic: potential of using one’s body to solve problems.
- Spatial: interpretation and creation of visual images.
- Interpersonal: capacity to understand the intentions, motivations and desires of other people.
- Intrapersonal: capacity to understand oneself.