Physical health care
11 views | +0 today
Follow
Your new post is loading...
Your new post is loading...
Rescooped by Howard Mason from healthcare technology
Scoop.it!

Infographic: See how eHealth aids in home health care

Infographic: See how eHealth aids in home health care | Physical health care | Scoop.it

In the US, 70 percent of residents over age 65 will need long-term care in their lifetimes. The good news is that eHealth can help in monitoring health conditions. The bad news is that home-based-care staffing and turnover issues jeopardize the care these patients need—things such as help bathing, dressing, eating, using the bathroom.


Via nrip
more...
eMedToday's curator insight, June 22, 2013 7:39 PM

There a huge over hang of health care needs and costs with the babyboomers. Clearly, mhealth can have a major impact in this area. Hosptials need to organize a support function that connects to the home for the old population

rob halkes's curator insight, July 15, 2013 3:29 PM

..

 

Scooped by Howard Mason
Scoop.it!

Complete Home Medical Equipment Supply

Complete Home Medical Equipment Supply | Physical health care | Scoop.it
Complete Home Medical Equipment is a trusted provider in Decatur for health aids, durable wheelchairs and lift chairs and other medical supplies and equipment.
more...
Howard Mason's comment, July 9, 2013 9:30 PM
I can say that home medical equipment is very important. Like my grandfather, he has asthma and since he’s old, it’s not good to let him walk in long range or do some physical activities that will trigger his asthma. So we bought him a nebulizer and a power chair. Now he rarely had asthma, we also have equipment we need if his asthma strikes back. It’s really convenient if we had have all the equipment we needed.
Rescooped by Howard Mason from Joy medical supplies
Scoop.it!

Oxygen Regulators - Respiratory Care

Oxygen Regulators - Respiratory Care | Physical health care | Scoop.it
Joy Medical supplies offers durable medical equipment, discount medical supplies, home health care supply, medicare supplies, medical supplies for mom ,health care products and medical surgical supplies in Gonzales Louisiana.

Via Joymedsupply
more...
Joymedsupply's curator insight, June 24, 2013 7:03 AM
OxyGO Integrated Regulator
Rescooped by Howard Mason from #ALS AWARENESS #LouGehrigsDisease #PARKINSONS
Scoop.it!

RESOURCE: Medicare Coverage of Speech Generating Devices | via ALS Association

RESOURCE: Medicare Coverage of Speech Generating Devices | via ALS Association | Physical health care | Scoop.it

Medicare Coverage of Speech Generating Devices (SGD)Medicare will cover the cost of a SGD if you have Medicare Part B services.

 

1. You must live in your family home or an assisted living facility

 

2. Medicare will not cover the cost of a SGD if you are in a hospital, skilled nursing facility, or on hospice.

 

*Medicare will cover 80% of the allowable cost of the device.  Secondary insurance should pay the remaining 20% but that is not always the case.  If you do not have secondary insurance, you will be responsible for the 20% co-pay.  There are funds available from charitable organizations that may help pay for any deductible or co-pay that insurance does not cover.

 

*Medicare classifies SGD’s as “durable medical equipment” (DME) and will cover the device under this classification.

 

*An assessment by a speech-language pathologist is required to document that this device is needed to meet your daily functional communication needs.  80% of the cost of the assessment is covered by Medicare.  The remaining charge can be billed to secondary insurance (if applicable) or will be billed to the client.

 

*A doctors prescription is required.

 

*Once the assessment has been completed, appropriate paperwork will be submitted to the vendor of the device.  This process usually takes approximately one to two months.

 

*If the vendor feels all the paperwork is in order, they will ship the device directly to you. 

 

Training on your device can be provided by:

 

 > Vendor—many vendors offer training sessions at no cost.

 

> Facility—the facility where you received your device can provide training. The cost of the training session is covered by Medicare.

 

> Chapter—the ALS Association may have resources available for training.


Via TEAM Mike Lopez Memorial Foundation |Find us on Twitter:@TEAMCUREALS
Howard Mason's insight:

We just bought some medical equipment last week for my grandfather. It is very important to him since, he easily get sick. The good thing that I like about this home medical equipment is, they are easy to use. 

more...
TEAM Mike Lopez Memorial Foundation |Find us on Twitter:@TEAMCUREALS's comment, August 5, 2013 6:34 PM
Thank you Howard for your input! What device did you purchase?