1. New oil and gas production optimization provides better oil efficiency and less energy spent on the drilling and transportation process.
2. New drill welling techniques offer a safer drilling environment and more efficient drilling.
3. A new branch of reservoir engineering created the need for new reservoir engineering technology such as holding tanks, feeding pipelines, and steel containment sequences.
4. Job openings for PE's depend almost entirely on oil pricings from main world contributors such as the Middle East, Russia, and U.S. With oil prices increasing within the past several years PE demand has dwindled. But the projected increase in demand for PE's within the next decade is looking to triple, the demand and job openings are looking to sky rocket.
Aspect 3- This field is slowly turning into a super hybrid and need for a very flexible, creative individual. This job asks for high stress tolerance in order to accomplish tasks to benefit the company.
Aspect 3- Without these highly trained individuals, gas prices would be extremely inconsistent. PEs are trained to always receive consistent resources to maintain a great reputation in this difficult and highly competitive industry.
Petroleum engineers design and develop methods for extracting oil and gas from deposits below the earth’s surface. Petroleum engineers also find new ways to extract oil and gas from older wells.
Sam Kavel's insight:
1. The main tasks of petroleum engineering is to pipe petroleum to places that either distribute or process. These places can be used for conversion processes, filtration, or enhancing oil for engines.
2. Petroleum engineers extract not only oil but natural gas from the earth. Despite popular belief of modern oil cowboys randomly drilling new sites, PE's specialize in reviving old drilling sites. This prevents wasting petroleum/gas and is environment friendly.
3. Petroleum engineers must have extremely flexible schedules and must plan to be on the road for weeks at a time. This occupation requires high stress tolerances to deal with the heavy weight of project deadlines.
4. Amounts of time away from home depend on a site's condition, size, project deadline, and many other factors. PE's are usually the first arrivals on a site along with other engineers, architects, and geologists. All of these specialists must work from home in high stress environments.
5. PE's must tolerate many variances of people from different regions of the Earth. They must learn to work with other workers as a team to complete multiple tasks. Depending on chemistry between the teams, a project can be outstanding or devistating.
1. Engineers are developing new drilling tools for recovering hydrocarbons.
2. Computer programmers are creating new computer software for drilling graphs.
3. Drill site surveyors have access to higher technology radar graphs to better evaluate future drill sites.
4. Design surface collection and treatment facilities are improving their filtration systems.
Aspect 3- Before petroleum engineers became a popular profession, it was very difficult for drillers to efficiently extract oil/gas. The PE is there for efficient extraction of resources and distribution.
Aspect 3- When PEs are not in the field, they can be found innovating and improving drilling equipment, extraction vehicles, distribution pipes, and many other essentials to the industry.
Aspect 3- In labs, engineers look for correct oil and gas samples. It is their job to look for the correct types of resources to get the best burning resource.
Aspect 3- When distributors come to obstacles in distribution, they look to PEs to solve the problem. A PE must know paths of least resistance and the proper landscape for proper distribution.
Sharing your scoops to your social media accounts is a must to distribute your curated content. Not only will it drive traffic and leads through your content, but it will help show your expertise with your followers.
How to integrate my topics' content to my website?
Integrating your curated content to your website or blog will allow you to increase your website visitors’ engagement, boost SEO and acquire new visitors. By redirecting your social media traffic to your website, Scoop.it will also help you generate more qualified traffic and leads from your curation work.
Distributing your curated content through a newsletter is a great way to nurture and engage your email subscribers will developing your traffic and visibility.
Creating engaging newsletters with your curated content is really easy.