Williams Brookes School has adopted David Hargreaves' nine gateways to personalised learning and have described in detail what those gateways mean in relationship to teaching and learning.
"Nine gateways were identified by David Hargreaves and others working to improve learning in schools over time:
1. incorporating student voice
2. embedding assessment for learning
3. developing learning to learn strategies
4. fully utilising new technologies
5. offering a good choice of curriculum pathways
6. routinely advising and guiding students through effective support structures
7. workforce development
8. mentoring and coaching
9. the organisation and design of the school."