AS you may know, just few weeks ago OSHWA published the results from 2013 Open Hardware Community survey. You can find original datasheets and everything here. Despite raw data is good, I thought it was good to spend some time looking at the data trying to gather more insights, when possible, still keeping in mind that the survey samples a very limited and polarized (OSHWA centric) chunk of the community. But we need to start from something in a way. Getting involved: How and Why By looking at Q1. How did you first get involved with open-source hardware? We see that around 40% gets into the notion of Open Hardware since accessible designs solve a factual problem for them (indeed they are user of Open Source Hardware or they are looking up hardware designs to use). The remaining 60% is mostly made of people curious about the notion and concept of open source hardware: this highlights the demand for a more structured conversation on the conceptual topics. [...]
Ya hemos visto como la impresión 3D podrá, algún día, permitirnos descargar e imprimir nuestros propios muebles. El diseñador barcelonés Gerard Rubio lleva el concepto del hágalo usted mismo más lejos con OpenKnit, una máquina de tejer que puede hacer un jersey en menos de una hora, y con el diseño que nosotros elijamos, mediante una aplicación open source.