Who will prosper in the new, increasingly automated world?
• THE CONSCIENTIOUS
• PEOPLE WHO LISTEN TO COMPUTERS
• PEOPLE WITH A MARKETING TOUCH
• PEOPLE WITH DELICATE FEELINGS
• PEOPLE UNLUCKY IN HEALTH CARE
• POLITICAL RADICALS
• "PEOPLE WHO DON’T NEED MONEY. We are used to thinking in terms of rich, poor and middle class, but those categories will change. (...) We’ll need a new name for the group of people who have the incomes of the lower middle class and the cultural habits of the wealthy or upper middle class. They will spread a libertarian worldview that working for other people full time is an abominable way to get by."
source : Tyler Cowen is a professor of economics at George Mason University and the author of the forthcoming book “Average is Over,” from which this essay is adapted.