We all know that creativity matters when it comes to advertising, but I will bet that this is where the agreement stops. Is creativity a means to get attention, a means to focus attention on the brand or a means to accentuate an impression of the brand? In reality the answer is all three.
Thanks to NewsletterMonitor, throughout 2013 we collected a huge quantity of newsletters and have brought them together here in an analysis of how the apparel and personal objects industry communicated with its users.
Amodiovalerio Verde's insight:
The analysis relates to over 1,900 international brands that send newsletters in the English language.
• In 2013, 165,000 English language emails were sent by over 1,900 brands in the apparel and personal object industry.
• On average, each brand sent 114 emails per year (9.5 emails per month).
• Only 1 email out of 5 is sent out during weekends.
• At the end of the year (starting from October) there was an increase in frequency.
• 9.5% of the emails are sent while users are sleeping! (between 00:00 gmt+1 and 07:00 gmt+1).
• Emails are sent at every hour of the day. The first minutes of each hour are generally preferred.
• 9% of emails use a “noreply@” for the mail-from address
A digital strategy does not equal a Facebook strategy. Too many people place Facebook (or Twitter) in the heart of their digital approach. Facebook is great, but should probably not be the centre of your digital infrastructure.
Sharing your scoops to your social media accounts is a must to distribute your curated content. Not only will it drive traffic and leads through your content, but it will help show your expertise with your followers.
How to integrate my topics' content to my website?
Integrating your curated content to your website or blog will allow you to increase your website visitors’ engagement, boost SEO and acquire new visitors. By redirecting your social media traffic to your website, Scoop.it will also help you generate more qualified traffic and leads from your curation work.
Distributing your curated content through a newsletter is a great way to nurture and engage your email subscribers will developing your traffic and visibility.
Creating engaging newsletters with your curated content is really easy.